Have your voice counted, VOTE!
Make government work for you!
* Change street repair schedule so that the streets that need it most get repairs.
* Provide the Fire Department with smaller more efficient vehicles to get to calls faster.
* Provide the Police Department with additional officers, decreasing wait times for lower priority calls. We've grown, our police force hasn't.
* Require the Public Works Department to have a plan for maintenance of City owned property. Now, you have to complain to get something done. Instead it should be part of the everyday business in keep the Jewel of the Hills shining.
* Giving the Community Development Department precise guidelines for neighborhood engagement on large and small development projects. The City, not Facebook or Next Door, needs to be engaging and informing you.
* Develop a review process for the planning department staff to ensure your permits and applications are processed quickly. Having to wait over a year to get permits to remodel a bathroom, add an ADU, put a sign in front of your business, or add solar panels is crazy. I will ensure that changes are made to make these things easier for you.
* Keeping it local. As Mayor, I will not allow Council meetings to be used as platforms for State or National political issues. La Mesa will be the Council's only focus.